Let child have fun dipping cotton ball in glue and place them on ghost until ghost covered or covered as much as child is able to attend to task.
If you want, you can add string to the back and hang your ghost up or just use it as wall art to decorate for the holiday.
- I like to use colored paper vs.white paper with this activity because it gives the child more visual cues and guidance when placing the cotton balls on the paper.
- Talk about the textures of the cotton balls and glue and the process in which they are engaging in. Make it an enriching experience filled with descriptions of what doing and properties of materials.
- Adult has everything cut out and prepped ahead of time.
Increase Task Demand and Skill Set:
- Child cuts out ghost template, eyes, and mouth.
If Child has Decreased Tolerance with Textures:
- Use gloves to handle cotton ball and/or glue.
- Wipes to clean hands when needed.
- Use of tongs to retrieve and dip cotton balls in glue to place on paper.